Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Bad Ass

We have a co-worker that was deployed to Iraq a few months ago, and our boss has determined that every week one of us will send him a letter to keep him sane while he's gone. This was not one of my weeks to write.

We just had a meeting about what's been on our plates lately (not much, and they are pushing back our next release date. If I work any slower I'll be deleting code.) Anyway, we started shooting the shit about this and that and I briefly mentioned that my day in Laconia for Bike Week was a lot of fun last friday.

We then got to talking about how my boss is going to treat us all to ice cream for my birthday in town at an ice cream place(field trip!) rather than the traditional ice cream cake that we always have in the office. I commented that I was planning to be out Wed afternoon to get my tattoo and that Thursday would be better.

At this point Deb, one of the ones that was tagged to write the overseas letter for the week said "My god, I think you should write the letter! Going to Bike Week, getting tattoo's... You've got such an interesting life! I can write about how I worked out in the garden..."

Damn straight.
Life is good.