Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Small, small world

I have 2 friends that do not know each other (besides a few introductions through me) that share a mutual female friend. She even dated one of my friends at one point. I've met her a few times myself, but don't know her all that well. Anyway, I found out several months back that she also knows someone I work with that sits in the cubicle diagonally across the hall from mine. He knows neither one of my friends that both know her. It's a small friggin' world, ain't it!?!

As a curious side note, my co-worker had been married at one point. The marriage didn't work out, he got divorced, and he then dated this girl that knows 2 of my friends. At which point he, for whatever reason (I stay out of my co-worker's private lives) changed his mind, dumped her and RE-MARRIED HIS EX-WIFE! I was told by this girl that he "broke her heart". Well the plot thickens. This was last year, and I just found out from one of my friends that my co-worker has been calling her recently. I don't know if he's still married or not, but apparently it's falling apart all over again. Isn't that interesting... From what I hear though she said take a hike, you had your chance already and squandered it... Pretty funny.

The phrase comes to mind: Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.