Weekend Getaway
This weekend was spent relaxing in the woods of Western NH on a lake, around a campfire, in the company of Laura and friends. It was good to get in some swimming as well. We slept in a tent and enjoyed listening to the soft rain during the night. (Well I did anyway. Laura stuffed toilet paper in her ears.)
Sometime in the AM, a squirrel only feet away from our tent started up a conversation with his buddy on the far side of the yard. He was very loud and wouldn't shut up. I eventually had to climb out of my tent and throw rocks at him. Byll commented later that they were essentially rats. I said they were long haired rats, so they must be hippies. Kathy asked why a rat just couldn't be a skin-head squirrel. Hmmm, I replied, that will have to go in the blog. So there it is.


<< Home